As an entrepreneur, one of the very best ways that you can grow and learn is through your blog. Blogging gives you a voice and it gives your company personality, but more than that, it allows you to stay as up to date as possible in your industry and learn about current trends as they happen. One of the other ways to remain up to date is with vlogging. Blogging has evolved over the years and as we become much more visual in our endeavors, vlogging was the natural way to offer content as a next step.
Your business needs to have a vlog as much as a blog, and you should think about why that is. If you have an SEO agency working on your side, they'll talk through all of the ways that you can beef up your content offerings. Vlogging gets your face out there into the world and it's a great way to connect with your audience.
So, why should you offer a vlog in your business?
- It's A Visual Future. Do you remember the stories of the world moving to technicolor film? Well, this has happened throughout history. We move from new technology to new technology, so it's a natural progression to move from blogging your content to filming it. YouTube is big for a reason, and given that 60 billion hours of video gets watched per month on YouTube, you need a piece of that visual content pie!
- It's Easy. Writing content is wonderful – we all do it – but visual content is effortless. You can guarantee that sitting in front of a camera or utilizing the GoPro in the closet for an active shoot is far easier than guessing keywords and organising content. It's not just easier for you, but the viewers want to see it unfold and they want the information that you're willing to give as quickly as possible.
- It's Free. In the beginning of your vlogging journey, you'll just need your smartphone to film it all. That doesn't cost anything at all, which makes it a very cheap way to get your message across to the world. You can add extra equipment, but you don't have to if you don't want to.
- Personality. When you choose to add video, you give your company a more human voice. This makes your company far more trustworthy and your customers will keep coming back over and over. They'll share your videos on your social media and more customers will add to your numbers! There will be more shares and more conversation and it'll make all the difference.
- Authenticity. Visual content gives your business authenticity, and you can go behind the scenes at any time and give your audience a deep insight into your company. This strips back your professional facade and it gives your company something new.
- It's Great For SEO. Lastly, your search engine goals need to include presenting your consumers with what they're looking for. More and more people search for videos these days, and you need to be a part of that search!